POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary : POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Aug 2004 03:42:03
Message: <4123084b@news.povray.org>
POVRAY.ORG's 10th anniversary

It was ten years ago today - on 18 August 1994 - that the POVRAY.ORG domain
was registered. We've been on the internet continuously since then. Back in
those days it was fairly unusual for a free software project to have its own
domain and/or server and the logistics of setting one up were entirely different
than they are now.

The POV-Team would like to extend its thanks to all those who have helped to
make this happen, including Jack Velte of Walnut Creek CDROM for providing our
original hosting, Jordan Hubbard and the FreeBSD folks for early support and
the immensely stable OS we run on, Digimark for providing DNS for all this time,
and Netplex Internet for providing fast and reliable hosting for many years and
generally being darn cool folks.

-- Chris Cason